2019/2020 School Year
The following are common supplies we will use at the Renaissance School. There may be subject-specific incidental items to be purchased as the school year unfolds.
Purchasing items on this list should ensure that the most important supplies are secured by the beginning of school. There will be periodic inventories of supplies throughout the year. Having all supplies necessary every day is an important component of school success! It would be a good idea for you to share the cost of all of these supplies with your student. This will help them appreciate how much you are investing in their supplies and give them a reason to take care of them.
- 3-ring binder, 2 inch (please avoid binders with zippers)
- 6 subject dividers
- Pencil pouch to be kept in binder
- 2 black pens
- 2 fine tip sharpies
- 2 colored pens (red, or a color other than black)
- 2 pencils (mechanical are ok) with erasers and a supply of lead
- 4 highlighters: pink, green, yellow, blue
- 1 thumb drive (USB, flash, memory stick) at least 128 MB
- 3-hole loose leaf, college ruled paper, at least one package
- 1 box of Kleenex
- 1 ream of printer paper
- 6th and 7th grades – composition book, college ruled for LA/SS
- Reusable water bottle - Optional
**Class materials fee $10.00 (includes hardbound sketch book)
- 2 ultra-fine tip Sharpie, black
- 1 set good quality colored pencils, 24 pencils
- 1 set drawing pencils (i.e., Faber Castell, 6 –12 pencils, hardness, range 2B – 4H)
- 2 vinyl eraser (Sanford or Staedtler)
- 2 large glue sticks
- 1 ruler, metric and standard measures, metal
- Scissors, 7-8" adult size
Math and Science
- 2 3-hole spiral notebooks with graph paper, ¼ inch (can be found at Bartell’s or Amazon); this is required! Please do not purchase the notebooks with a glued binding. They fall apart.
- 1 calculator, scientific (i.e., Casio FX-260, Texas Instruments 30X IIS Solar); optional: graphing calculator, TI 84 Plus or TI 84 Plus, Silver; (Note: graphing calculator will be required in 9th grade; very helpful in 8th grade)
- 1 spiral bound, college ruled, notebook, at least 70 sheets
- 1 ruler, metric and standard measures, clear plastic
**Class materials fee $20.00 for Theatrical student makeup kit
This year we are offering class uniform options to be purchased directly through the school. The prices for the uniforms will ranges from $30 to $70 depending on the choices you select. Attached is an order form for either girls or boys' uniform. If you are interested in having RSAR purchase the PA uniform and dance shoes this year, please bring the completed order form to back to business day with a check for the total amount.
You may choose to purchase the items on your own as well, please see what is required below.
- Black tank top
- Black sports bra
- Black yoga pants
- Black split sole jazz shoes
- Hair ties
- Black short sleeve shirt
- Black workout pants, sweats, basketball shorts
- Black jazz shoes or jazz tennis shoes